Coworking is on the rise and has become of greater preference compared to the conventional workplace. There are a lot of benefits that comes with working in a coworking environment, amongst which are the convenience and the ability to work with your own creative direction.
However, making the most out of a coworking environment is entirely dependent on, how you make the most of the location, networking events and amenities provided by a coworking space.
Here are 5 ways you can maximize your coworking space for growth and productivity:
- Get yourself out there. This is usually a challenge for a lot of individuals, some may even find this step scary. However, the most rewarding experiences can result from overcoming certain fears and putting yourself out there. One of the greatest characteristics of a coworking space is the fact that there is no hierarchy of positions so, say “hi”, start up a conversation and you might even get helpful advice on how things work around there.
- Engage In Networking Events. Networking events are a great way to socialize with everyone. There’s music, drinks, everyone is laid back and relaxed. This will give you the opportunity to start up a conversation, share ideas, gain insights and learn about new skills.
- Get To Know The Management Team And Offer Feedback. For every location of coworking spaces, there are assigned community managers and a team of colleagues they work with. They are responsible for passing on information about events and dealing with any issues that might arise. Getting familiar with the team will keep you informed about certain developments. Also, it is always advisable to give a feedback about a job or a request, this way they can help out with problems you might have.
- Impress Clients. Your clients should be your top priority especially in a challenging location like London. Try your best to always keep them comfortable whenever they come around for scheduled meetings. You should always be punctual, neat and provide a location with less distractions for your meetings. Make use of conference rooms instead of coffee shops, this way business partners, stakeholders and potential clients will recognize and regard the fact that you take them seriously.
- Relax. Most coworking spaces have areas designed to cater to your every need. Whether you want to catch up on some reading, listen to a bit of music or just need a relaxing massage. Taking time of work to relax is important for the rejuvenation of the body and, ultimately productivity.
Coworking spaces are of different settings and style. Regardless of this, use these tips to help you make the most of your coworking space and accelerate your success.